Corporate GovernanceInvestor confidence in public companies is essential to the functioning of the global economy. At this website, we intend to provide you with key information about our corporate governance policies. These policies provide a framework for the proper operation of our company, consistent with our shareholders' best interests and the requirements of the law.
Ensuring that ImpediMed's financial results fairly reflect the results of our operations is of paramount importance to this company and our investors. At ImpediMed, we have always been diligent in maintaining compliance with our established financial accounting policies, which are consistent with requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), and for reporting our results with objectivity and the highest degree of integrity. We are committed to providing financial information that is transparent, timely, complete, relevant and accurate.
We are also committed to rigorously and diligently exercising our oversight responsibilities throughout the company, managing our affairs consistent with the highest principles of business ethics, and exceeding the corporate governance requirements of both securities law and the ASX. The steps we have taken to fulfill this commitment include:
- Our Board has adopted clear corporate governance policies
- Our Board has adopted majority voting for uncontested elections of directors
- A majority of our Board members are independent of ImpediMed and its management
- All members of our key Board committees -- the Audit Committee, the Remuneration Committee, and the Nomination Committee -- are independent
- The independent members of our Board meet regularly without the presence of management
- We have a clear code of business conduct and corporate governance that is monitored by our ethics officer (CFO) and is annually affirmed by our employees
- The charters of our Board committees clearly establish their respective roles and responsibilities
- We have an ethics policy with a procedure available to all employees, and our Audit Committee has procedures in place for the anonymous submission of employee complaints on accounting, internal controls, or auditing matters
- We have adopted a code of ethics that applies to our principal executive officer and all members of our finance department, including the principal financial officer and principal accounting officer
President and Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer